Condo / Townhouse

Condominium Insurance

If you own a condominium, your Condominium Corporation or Strata Corporation should already carry insurance. However, you still need to have your own coverage. The strata corporation’s policy only covers the building and common areas so you need your own insurance to protect any upgrades you have made inside your unit and your personal property. Most condominium insurance is purchased as a package that provides coverage’s such as:

Your personal property, including furniture, improvements you have made, and other belongings
Your legal liability for property damage or bodily injury that you, or a family member living with you, might cause to someone else
Additional living expenses if your unit becomes uninhabitable because of an insured loss
Risks incurred if the condominium corporation’s insurance is inadequate

Also includes:

Unit Loss Assessment Coverage

Unit Loss Assessment Coverage – Covers the unit owner’s share of the cost in cases when the association insurance policy is not sufficient to cover total damage to the building or a lawsuit against the association.

Valuable Articles Coverage

Valuable Articles Coverage – Provides a limited amount of coverage for your jewellery, furs, silver, etc. With further protection available by adding a rider to your policy.

Liability Coverage

Liability Coverage – Avoid costly lawsuits due to such occurrences as accidental water damage to a neighbour’s unit or someone slipping and falling in your condo by securing the right amount of liability coverage.

Contingent Loss Assessment

Contingent Loss Assessment – Covers shortfalls in your condominium corporation’s policy.

For more information come in or contact our office.

Request A Quote